Thursday, April 24, 2014

CUPCAKE TALK - THE REAL HOUSEWIVES

"I am a reality show junkie and BRAVO is my dealer." I have made this statement time and time again on my blog. The BRAVO channel is my ultimate guilty pleasure. Flipping Out, Married to Medicine, Watch What Happens Live, I love them all. But my favorite "fix" is The Real Housewives franchise. New York, Orange County, Atlanta, Miami, New Jersey, Beverly Hills, take your pick. I know what you're thinking... "REALLY?" There's a reason why they call it a guilty pleasure. DON'T JUDGE ME!!!

I've also asked myself time and time again, "Why am I so obsessed with these women?" I think it comes from growing up watching the nighttime soaps of the 80's. I was hooked on all the glamour and drama Dallas, Knot's Landing and Dynasty dished out. There's really nothing like these shows out there right now. The Real Housewives fill that void for me. So, my question is...
Do you watch The Real Housewives?

11 comments:

Bob Slatten said...

I love, and watch, RH of New York; I'm Team Carole.
I love RH of Beverly Hills; I'm Team Vanderpump.

I liked RH of Miami because I knew one of the wives; Lea Black.
I like RH of OC because I like Heather.

I loathe RH of ATL because they're all so trashy, and I loathe RH of New Jersey because they're all crazy.

Mark Johnson said...

Can't stand them and don't understand the appeal.

And damn, I didn't realize there were so many of them.

MAC said...

Bob - YAY... so excited to hear that someone else watches The Real Housewives too! Maybe I'll start doing some posts.

Mark - DON'T JUDGE ME! ;-) Jr. hates the shows, Hubby tolerates them for my sake. Now that's love.

mistress maddie said...

Now I'm the opposite of you, I don't watch, and can't stand any reality tv shows except DWTS only because of James Maslow, and Rachel Zoe, when it was on. Now I don't mean to get your undies moist, but the New Jersey housewives all shop our store. Mind you, I had no idea who any of them were. Caroline is the sweetest. I waited on Danielle for a period of time, before someone told me who she was. Our personal shopper was busy. Kim Granatell looked like a hard mess, but truth be told she and her husband are among the wealthiest in NJ and she could buy and sell all those other bitches on the show. When at our 59th Street store I was told who the New York Housewives were. Jill was a HUGE shopper there. Bethany a snot nosed wench. And she'll squeeze a nickel till the buffalo shits. The other group that is in the store constantly is the Jerseylicious bitches. Gail would be in daily to get make-overs before filming for the night. They were all hot messes!!!!!!! But I ain't one to gossip now....

Mark Johnson said...

No judgment, MAC. Just don't get it. I prefer my drama scripted.:-)

But I know lots of people that love the shows.

MAC said...

Mark - HA! No worries. I've come to appreciate your honesty.

MAC said...

Mistress Maddie - I am super moist... what a lucky girl. I love gossip... BRING IT ON!!!

Amanda said...

I don't watch too much reality TV. But I know we all have our guilty pleasures! And yes, that's love from your hubby..LOL.

And Maddie rocks for giving us the scoop! Wow! That's really cool! :)

MAC said...

Amanda - Then maybe you won't mind a RHs post every now and then. ;-)

Bob Slatten said...

I'd love an RH post, if only for the crazy!

Steve said...

Have never watched any of those shows, and have no interest in doing so. But you all go ahead and enjoy.

 

simple xhtml
Cheap DSL Providers